The Customer Report can show current 'credit available' once the pre-payment is processed and can be given to the client. Of course, this doesn't show rate info, etc. (though a footer type stylesheet might offer room for such info)

An alternative would be to create a Credit Note and send that to the client, but then a conundrum ensues:

The usual process for a Credit Note is to use *it* as payment/partial-payment for an invoice, but in this case, the customer is still paying in full. Credit Notes are for situations like discounts & allowances or other refunds/reductions from an invoice so the customer doesn't have to pay the full original price and where a discount wasn't applied on the original invoice.

It may be that the best option is to create a document outside of GnuCash to give to clients that reflects the initial credit available with other desired information. From then on, regular invoices and Customer Reports should suffice.