Just a further 0.02 on this.

generating a PDF in a folder gives you (with no extra work) a handy archive of
invoice documents actually generated.  If you ever need to quickly refer to
one (or have the tax man come to visit), an archive of PDFs is IMHO quicker
than firing up GC and searching.

But maybe I'm too old school...

Maf.