On 1/6/2023 6:11 AM, Chris Green wrote:
On Fri, Jan 06, 2023 at 12:31:46PM +0300, David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
There is also a setting in preferences somewhere to change the accounting
period. As I don't use the feature, I don't know where it is in either
the general preferences or the file preferences.

Yes, that's where it is.  Why isn't it with the other report options?

Gnucash is not necessarily running in real time.

It is much better/safer to assume that you will be setting the effective date of each report as you run it and not do this by "accounting period". If you used the latter, you would have to remember to reset that whenever NOT wanting "current accounting period". For example, I am rarely running year end reports New Year's Eve but instead, a couple days later.

Michael D Novack