Op vrijdag 20 januari 2023 07:35:58 CET schreef Jason Spencer:
> Following this thread
> <https://www.mail-archive.com/gnucash-devel@gnucash.org/msg43042.html>, I
> noticed I still had old schemas in /usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas from
> maybe two versions ago (and maybe a flatpak version at that.) There was
> nothing in that folder except gnucash schemas from 2 years ago, so I
> removed the whole thing. Now 4.8 runs fine, charts show up, and I see that
> you *didn't* in fact re-style the register background :)
>
> Thanks, John--then and now.
>
> BTW, if this seems dangerous and I should re-compile these older schemas
> for some reason, please let me know the steps to follow. I don't really
> understand the details here.

Glad you got it sorted.

There is indeed a known issue with gnucash 4.8 to 4.12 wrt to the settings
(stored in
gsettings). It is usually triggered by other schema files in
/usr/local/share/glib-2.0/schemas
(though there may be other triggers we didn't encounter yet). It doesn't matter
whether
these schema files are from gnucash or another application.

As there were only gnucash related schema files there, just manually removing
them is fine.

Lastly and for your information, they won't be from flatpak gnucash. flatpak
would store
them in an isolated directory under /home/janssege/.local/share/flatpak/app/ or
/var/lib/
flatpak/app/.

Regards,

Geert