Most likely you have created payments and bills independently of each other and
never
linked them. In that case your balances show 0, but the gnucash business logic
doesn't know
the bill is actually paid.

There are a few ways to solve this. I propose to try this:
* Open Business->Vendor->Process Payment...
* Select the vendor that's listed in your payable ageing as having unpaid bills.
* Select the proper "Post To" account. It should be different depending on the
currency of
the outstanding bills.

=> This should show a list of pre-payments and bills in the documents view that
haven't been
considered as processed by the business logic.

* Use shift-click or ctrl-click to select one or more payments and bills that
should be linked
together.

=> If the payments and bills balance, the payment and refund fields should both
be 0 and
the "Transfer Account" list greyed out.

* Click the Ok button to complete linking the bill(s) and payment(s).

* Repeat for each of the vendors that appear to have unpaid bills.

Hope that helps,

Geert