Is your iMac an Apple Silicon (M1) machine? It’s possible to get mixed
architecture perl modules installed. If your gnucash-cli -Q error included
something like “want x86_64, have amd64”, then you definitely have an
incompatible version of JSON::Parse. The way around that is to enter (in
Terminal):

sudo arch -arch x86_64 cpan -f JSON::Parse

After that finishes, since gnucash-cli quits at the first error, you need  to
run gnucash-cli -Q again — both to ensure that the right architecture
JSON::Parse got installed, and to check if there are any other perl errors.

If necessary, run the above command repeatedly, substituting any new module
names from arch-related error messages. When gnucash-cli -Q runs without
complaint, you should be able to get quotes within gnucash 5.0

Dave
--
Dave Reiser
dbrei...@icloud.com