Hi Eliot,

Op zondag 7 mei 2023 04:52:56 CEST schreef eliotr...@gmail.com:
> Dear list,
>

> I have been using GNUCash in various forms for 3-4 years. However with the
> 5.1 release I have some issues:
>
> 1.    When uploading transactions, I can select the date, description, but
> the "Deposit" option has disappeared from the dropdown selection. The
> "requirements" that indicate what dropdowns must be selected, rather than
> stating select a column for Deposits, says a column must be selected for
> Amount (negated).

The "requirements" message really meant to convey you should either select an
"Amount" or
an "Amount (negated)" column, but I understand from your reaction it's poorly
formulated. It
tried to squeeze both names in one phrase using brackets to mark negated as
optional. But
as the brackets are also used in the real column type name, this is ambiguous.

So in your case, if you originally had selected a "Deposit" column, you will
now want to set
that column to "Amount" instead. Sorry for the confusino.

> 2.    If I select the column I would usually use for Deposit to be "Amount
> (negated)", which does appear in the dropdown, when I click next to select
> the accounts (for transfer or for income/ expense), there are no options to
> select the accounts

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you mean here. Can you explain this in a
bit more
detail ? What page of the assistant are you looking at, and what were you
expecting to find
vs what is there now ? You could also attach screenshots (with sensitive data
removed or
blurred) if that makes it easier to explain.

Regards,

Geert