Hi,

To give the exact context:  I had an old version of GNUCASH from 2021
installed, with which I had created files some time ago to experiment but
porting my Quicken files to GNU Cash was a bit tedious so I ended up
abandoning.  Now I wanted to give GNUCash a new try using the latest
version (5.2), so  I uninstalled the previous version which I think was
4.xx, installed version 5.2 and launched it.  It is able to open the
previous files I had created with 4.xx, but I get an error message about
not enough space or permissions issue whenever I try to save. Note: Try to
save in XML format.

- I tried to create a brand new set of files using the New Account
Hierarchy Setup Wizard with all default options, same issue.
- I tried to save elsewhere, same issue all of the time (I have permission
to save at all of those places and there is enough space. I can create
files using a text editor or else... I am also able to create a new folder
with GNUCash just before saving, but it gives the error message after when
trying to save the file inside the folder).
- I tried to execute GnuCash with Administrator rights (by right clicking
on shortcut), same issue.
- I tried to uninstall 5.2, reboot, reinstall 5.2, reboot, launch and
create new files, same issue.

The exact error message is as  follows:

Could not write to file (file path and name).  Check that you have
permission to write to this file and that there is sufficient space to
create it.

Thank you for your help