On Friday, 14 July 2023 12:34:28 BST Fross, Michael wrote:
> I  run multiple instances at the same time, but you have to open different
> data files. I’d keep them in different directories to be tidy.

I don't do it often, but have had occasion to have GC side-by-side on 2 data
files at the same time.

What I have done is start a 2nd instance of GC, let it warn me that the data
file is in use already, select open read-only then file-> open to the second
data file.  (I have 6 in regular use).  But I'm on Linux, don't know it that
would work the same on any WinOs flavour.

Agree 100% about keeping each data file in its own sub-directory, and about not
changing prefs while 2 instances are running!

HTH,
Maf.