> On Aug 7, 2023, at 7:01 AM, Paras Desai <desaipa...@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Jin and all friends
>
> Thanks for your kind help and suggestion in running command prompt. GnuCash
> was installed in F drive and I forgot that, so the error message was coming,
>
> I ran the command prompt, and it threw the result for RELIANCE, FOR EXAMPLE,
> as below. So the Finance quote works, but integrated Finance quote in GnuCash
> does not. What could be the next step?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Paras
>

>  close => 2523.85
>       symbol => RELIANCE
>    prevclose => 2509.55
>         open => 2521
>          low => 2505
>         last => 2523.5
>      isodate => 2023-08-07
>       method => nseindia
>     exchange => NSE
>         high => 2528.4
>      success => 1
>     currency => INR
>         date => 08/07/2023

Paras,

GnuCash and gnucash-cli use the same code for Finance::Quote integration, so
it's not that. You reported that updating your book worked until 26 July, so
something must have changed around that day. Do you remember changing anything,
like updating GnuCash or Finance::Quote, that might offer a clue?

There may be an error in your tracefile (see
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile) that explains why the prices aren't
being updated.

When trying to retrieve quotes in the GUI are you getting the message box
saying that it couldn't retrieve quotes for some stocks followed by a list of
stocks that fail?

Regards,
John Ralls