Hi,

On Tue, August 8, 2023 4:12 pm, Fred Tydeman wrote:
> How does one record an Addition to basis for a stock?
>
> The splits involved are:
>   Income: qualified div
>   Income:  non-qualified div
>   Expense: foreign tax
>   Asset: cash
>   Imbalance -- should be addition to basis
>
> I have tried changing the Imbalance to
>   Asset: stock
> with a price of 0.00, but gnucash adds shares with a price of 1.00

ISTR there are "issues" with this...  Keep in mind, when entering data in
the stock account, you need to enter TWO of the three values (#shares,
price, and value), and GnuCash will compute the third.  Note that it's the
#shares and total value that is stored, the price is always computed.  In
THIS particular case, you can TRY to enter 0 shares and the change in
value, but I'm not 100% sure GnuCash will like that.  It's been a while
since I played in the stock accounts.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com