> On Aug 12, 2023, at 12:08 PM, Fred Tydeman <tydeman.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there an easy way to convert a money market stock account
> to a bank account?
>
> Since the price is always $1, and each transaction has Trading splits, the
> money market accounts are adding extra data to the book file and the price
> history file.

The only way I can think of to do that short of editing your database: Export
the transactions to CSV, edit the CSV to change the commodity, delete the
account and recreate it as type BANK and currency USD, then import the edited
CSV.

*Almost* always $1:
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/breaking-the-buck.asp#:~:text=What%20Is%20Breaking%20the%20Buck,operating%20expenses%20or%20investment%20losses.
Last happened during the 2008 meltdown.