A transfer between two asset accounts (your account to your wife's) doesn't
need any further entries, unless you're considering these transfers as some
kind of bookable event. Are you paying them, or just transferring them funds?
If the latter, then just two entries crediting/debiting the two assets.

When your wife receives the funds this way, there's no change in the family net
worth. When she buys something, the transaction includes her bank account and
the proper expense account.

⁣David T. ​