On Sunday, 13 August 2023 19:41:29 BST Mahon Finbar via gnucash-user wrote:

> Could I suggest I try saving individually GNU files from the period
> before 30.7.2023, which is when the issue of not being able to save the
> files started, as .txt files and sent them over?

Barry.

This whole thing seems to be a mess, with different users, different levels of
backup files being used and reused, and folders seemingly vanishing.  I'm not
sure that introducing .txt files randomly will help anyone.

Can you still open whatever you think is your most "recent" gnucash data file
(ie the one you think has the most recent changes in it)?   (just starting the
program from the menu might do it - not worrying about users and data files and
so on)

Can you then "Save As"  and a create new file (choose a sensible filename) just
in the top level of the user's folder?  (that at least will get over the
problem of which user is trying to save files, clean-up can wait....)

0.02
Maf.