That's one solution. The other would have been (although non-obvious) to set
both accounts
as "Deposit". That's allowed in the csv importer. Deposit and Withdrawal come
from the
early days of the importer and don't cover all use cases very well.

"Deposit" here really means, use the number unchanged (positive numbers will be
imported
as positive numbers, negative numbers as negative ones) while "Withdrawal"
means reverse
the sign of these numbers before importing them. So if your column already had
negative
numbers where you wanted these, "Deposit" is the number type that does what you
want. In
GnuCash 5.x these names have been changed in an attempt to make them more
generic, to
"Amount" and "Amount (negated)", but even that requires some interpretation due
to the
many possible ways csv data can be structured.

Regards,

Geert