Op woensdag 25 oktober 2023 18:10:22 CEST schreef John Walker:
> I have a situation where I have charged say$2 008 in an invoice. After
> posting, the customer correctly told me that the invoice should have
> been $2 000. The invoice has already been correctly paid at $2 000 and
> payment due date has already happened.
>
> When processing the payment, I entered $8 in the refund and the invoice
> changed to $2 000 as one would expect. After processing the payment, I
> still had the $8 to process in the process payment window. How do I
> properly process this?
>
> If I should have used a credit note, how do I do that?

You will indeed require a credit note for the remainder. You can still create
it now. Creating a credit note is the same as creating an invoice, except you
choose "credit note" instead of "invoice".

Once the credit note is created, you can select to pay it, as you would for
invoices. In the payment window you will find the $8 due payment and apply
that to the credit note.

Regards,

Geert