Keep in mind that, GENERALLY, the search is on a SPLIT basis, not a
TRANSACTION basis.  So if you do a search on "Account == X AND Account ==
Y" you will get an empty set, because it is impossible to find anything
where Split.account == X and Split.account ALSO equals Y.

-derek

On Tue, November 21, 2023 11:35 pm, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> Maybe. That's a trial and error sort of situation.
>
> Certainly, you can craft a Find from the Accounts tab with multiple
> criteria, the first should likely find all transactions matching
> Assets:PayPal, then the next might exclude all other accounts, or
> specific accounts. (since it is most likely you would have had an extra
> split to Expenses:PayPal Fees, just exclude that match from the results)
>
> An alternative is to run the first find to get a list. Then with that
> resulting register list open, run another find to narrow it down as
> needed.
>
> Which is the best or shortest route - I have no idea. You'll have to try
> and then see what works best for you.
>
> -----
> for the record, all transactions have at least two splits—a debit and a
> credit. I know why you used the terminology you chose, but I put this
> here for clarification. That will be important for you in the future.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 11/21/23 7:43 PM, David Kirkby wrote:
>> I often receive PayPal transactions, which get put into the PayPal
>> account
>> as
>>
>> Credit: Assets: Accounts Receivable (£720.00)
>> Debit: Assets:PayPal  (£720.00)
>>
>> What I should then do is edit the PayPal account so the fees are put in
>> the
>> correct place - for one example transaction
>>
>> Credit: Assets: Accounts Receivable (£720)
>> Debit: Assets:PayPal  (£705.62)
>> Debit: Expenses:PayPal Fees (£21.38)
>>
>> But I quite often forget to do this, so the PayPal account will not
>> reconcile.
>>
>> Is there any way to search to find transactions going into accounts that
>> don't have a second split, or some other way to weed out the ones that
>> have
>> gone into the PayPal account, but don't have an entry in PayPal
>> expenses?

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com