Have you tried opening the (other) desired book directly via command line?

It may be the book you are attempting to switch to has an issue, and not saving the current one.

Also, since it is prompting you to save, that tells me something was edited without a save. Perhaps manually save, then attempt to switch. At least that should determine if the crash is happening on save, or upon opening the other book.