From memory David the import matcher process is common to all the front ends to
read different file formats. It's been a while since I went through the code
after Geert rewrote the CSV front end but I doubt that it has changed all that
much. I have found the Bayesian matcher works fairly well apart from a few
specific transactions where there is insufficient information in the data record
to correctly assign. I typically only have to manually assign may be 10 records
out of more than 50-60 records imported for my credit card account each month.

I haven't yet imported anything under v5.5. but will be catching up in a few
days. Being able to edit/add data to the description and or memo fields would be
something I would find useful too as the imported bank data often has limited
info about what the purchase was for

David Cousens