There are known issues with reports on Windows with version 5.5.

To get reports working again, roll back to v5.4. However, that version on Windows leaves an extra running process when you quit GnuCash. You can either just safely quit that process if it bothers you, or leave it be. (not sure if they accumulate if you leave them)

So alternative to that if you don't want to be bothered with the extra process is to roll back to at least v5.3.

To find other versions of the 5.x series, click the "More Downloads..." link on the GnuCash.org homepage.

Then scroll to the bottom and click the "View all GnuCash Downloads" link which will take you to Sourceforge. From there, navigate in the "gnucash (stable)" folder for the version you want. (there is also a direct link to the last of the 4.x series on that More Downloads page if you want to step that far back.) Since you are on Windows, you'll want the .exe file for your desired version.

-----

As for the 'lock' message, that is completely normal when GnuCash doesn't exit cleanly. It is designed to warn you from opening the same file multiple times for editing either on the same machine, or on different machines. (GnuCash does not yet support simultaneous users of the same file) If you know it really isn't open, and the message is the result of a crash, you can safely choose to 'open anyway' and continue your work.

p.s. - with respect to 'you/your' in your post, while there are developers on this list, I'm not one of them, most folks here aren't. This is a community user list where we help each other.