You can't. I thought we described that already.

If you start a new file/account each year, you will lose all auto-complete from the previous year's entries.

The auto-complete list is generated on the fly from the other transactions in the register you have open at that time. If that register doesn't contain previous transactions because you started a new year, then you don't get auto-complete suggestions.

If auto-complete is important to you (it does save lots of time!) then don't start a new file/account each year.