I have 2 instances of MySQL to which I save copies of my Gnucash data. I have
gnucash open with an xml file and I do a save to the first instance and then I
reopen the XML file and Save again, this time to another MySQL. In both cases
the save proceeds normally after warning the file will be overwritten. I then
examine the 2 files and in particular the number of records in the
transactions, slots, and splits tables and find that they are different by
1000s of rows. (It doesn’t matter if I do the save from xml->MySQL(1)-MySQL(2)
or xml->MySQL(1)-XML->MYSQL(2).
Can anyone explain to me why there would be any difference in these 2 SQL files?