Hi,

On Wed, March 6, 2024 12:20 pm, Carl Linkletter via gnucash-user wrote:
> I am entering a bill. I have 2 entries (65.62 and 374.10). It says that
> the total is 493.73. I am sorry, but the total should be 439.72. The issue
> is persistent and appears to be related to the 65.62 number. If I remove
> it and put another entry in, the total is correct. I have Taxable? and Tax
> Included both checked.

This last part is the key to the issue.  It's a rounding error.  The issue
is that each line-item is rounded, but the invoice sums the natural number
and rounds at the end.  So what's happening here is that you have 374.1x
which rounds to 374.10, and you have 65.6y which rounds to 65.62, but when
you add x + y you get a sum that rounds up to the next penny.

E.g., 65.624 + 372.104 = 437.728 which rounds to 437.73

> GnuCash 5.5 on Ubuntu 22.04.3
>
> Peter Carl Linkletter
> VMware Consultant and VMware Certified Instructor

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com