David,

What makes your messages that contain quoted material difficult to read is your e-mail client doesn't indicate they are quoted, so it all appears as your new message. There is also some wacky formatting going on. That isn't the mailing list software, that is your client as the culprit.

Maybe switch to sending 'plain text' and see if it improves.

-----
As for Finance Quote, you should be able to install that independently, but I don't know how that works with Flatpak with regards to what version GnuCash Flatpak can 'see'. I'd think at the least you'd need to remove 1.58 to avoid complications.