Just today I first read about ledger-cli, a program that is apparently
a full-featured, command-line based, double-entry system that has the
added ability to read gnucash data files to create text-only reports,
among other tricks.

I was looking for an alternative to gnucash's ability to export data
in csv format. I don't know that ledger would be a better choice for
my occasional reports, in addition to those gnucash can generate
natively, but it seemed worth investigating on a rainy day like today.

Unfortunately,  the current ledger-cli version no longer has the
ability to read gnucash data files, and I could not find a usable
binary for ledger v. 2.x, the last to support gnucash.

(I think the source code is posted somewhere, but I've never built a
binary from source and I'm kinda squeamish about doing so.)

This leaves me with the following questions:

1.  Where can a curious user find a Ledger 2.x binary, Windows or
Linux (Ubuntu/Mint)?

2.  Does anyone who has used Ledger, with or without Gnucash files,
have anything to say about Ledger and whether they think it's worth
looking into.

Thanks and regards,
Art