If I go directly to the Google Finance site and ask for a quote for a mutual fund, for example SNXFX, I get all the info I am seeking.

If I try to load prices into Gnucash using the "googleweb" source, stocks are fine, ETFs are fine, but mutual funds like the above don't work. My suspicions about it are:

(1) Mutual funds are from a different "exchange". Their info is presented with a "MUTF" prepended to the symbol (i.e. MUTF:SNXFX). Perhaps the Perl module doesn't handle this kind of symbol?

(2) Mutual funds maybe don't provide sufficient information for the module to build a quote to Gnucash standards.

Does anyone have an idea on this?

Full disclosure, I'm using other sources, like the freshly minted YahooJSON, to get these quotes. I'm just interested in whether I'm missing something in the security definitions, like a different symbol format or something.