On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:23:38 +0200
"Adam Griffis" <adam.grif...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have the AlphaVantage api key set. But that's not the issue --
> I'm not pulling from AlphaVantage. I'm pulling from YahooJSON.
>
> If I understand correctly, the 1.60 update should include a fix to get
> YahooJSON working again, resolving the "cookie and crumb" issue.
> However, YahooJSON is still giving me the same error. Is an API key
> required for YahooJSON now?
>
> Thanks,
> Adam

yahoojson and yahooweb are not working for me either in v1.60 and they
didn't work in 1.59_01.

I have perl-http-cookiejar installed.

perl-finance-quote has been dropped from the arch repos to the AUR.
It's still at 1.59 in the AUR so I've taken the PKGBUILD and modified
it for 1.60.

I am currently running gnucash v4.14.

The output for yahoojson is...

gnc-fq-dump -v yahoojson AEI.L
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: AEI.L                <=== required
      date: **
 missing **        <=== recommended
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last: **missing**          <=\
       nav: **missing**          <=== one of these
     price: **missing**          <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock AEI.L

stock           field  value
-----           -----  -----
AEI.L        errormsg: Error retrieving quote for AEI.L. Attempt to
fetch the URL
https://query2.finance.yahoo.com/v11/finance/quoteSummary/?symbols=AEI.L&crumb={"finance":{"result":null,"error":{"code":"Unauthorized","description":"Invalid
Cookie"}}}&modules=price,summaryDetail,defaultKeyStatistics resulted in
HTTP response 401 (Unauthorized)
AEI.L            last: **missing**
AEI.L             nav: **missing**
AEI.L           price: **missing**
AEI.L         success: 0
AEI.L          symbol: AEI.L

The output for yahooweb is...

gnc-fq-dump -v y
ahooweb AEI.L
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: AEI.L (deduced)      <=== required
      date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
  currency: ** missing **        <=== required
      last: **missing**          <=\
       nav: **missing**          <=== one of these
     price: **missing**          <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!

All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock AEI.L

stock           field  value
AEI.L        errormsg: 500 Header line too long (limit is 8192)
AEI.L            last: **missing**
AEI.L             nav: **missing**
AEI.L           price: **missing**
AEI.L         success: 0