From: Bruce Schuck <bsch...@asgard-systems.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2024 1:31 PM
To: gnucash-user@gnucash.org
Cc: kalpesh.pa...@usa.net
Subject: Re: GNC] Finance-Quote 1.60 released!

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:13:34 +0200, Klaus writes:

> I am located in Germany and only one cookie is returned. Here is the
> top of the output of 'curl --include https://login.yahoo.com':

Klaus,

Thank you for posting that. It helps confirm this is a geo related issue.

Thank you to David Crowe for pointing out
https://developer.yahooinc.com/datax/guide/gdpr/cookiemapping/ on
https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/issues/373. I suspect GDPR
compliance is related to the YahooJSON issue.

Additional testing did indicate that the module does work from an Albanian IP
address. I guess while this is being researched, users with EU IP addresses can
not use the 'yahoo_json' quote method.

I believe Kalpesh is going to stand up an AWS EC2 instance in an EU region for
further investigation. Very much appreciated.

Bruce S