This has been a thorn in my flesh for some time but I've been too busy to deal with it.  The non-profit where I volunteer works in two currencies:  PHP and USD.  The main currency is set to USD.

Chapter 12 of the Guide implies two ways of tracking multiple currencies:  Manually (without trading accounts) and Automatically (with trading accounts).  I do not have trading accounts activated.

Every time I exchange USD into PHP I enter the exact number of PHP received for he exact USD value.

Today I tracked down the first instance of the Balance Sheet going out of balance.  On July 4, 2023, Assets = Liabilities + Equity. [$6562.90] On July 5 there is a single transaction moving $626.80 USD to 34,250 PHP.  But the Balance Sheet for that date shows Assets of $6518.06 vs Liabilities + Equity of $6516.45

There is only one price entry for 7/5/2023 in the price database.  I did click on the transaction to verify the $626.80 to 34,250 PHP was entered correctly.

This transaction was between two asset accounts.  One in USD and the other in PHP.  So why did my Asset value drop?  And why is the Balance Sheet out of balance?  I suspect I'll find more of these as I move forward toward today.

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler
stephen.m.butle...@gmail.com