On Sat, Apr 27, 2024 at 9:29 AM Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <
wp.rauchh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello community!
>
> I am running the latest gnucash under Fedorca Core.
> Finance::Quote is installed and I get quotes for Funds and Stocks.
>
> EUR is the System Currency. The Stock Quotes are in USD
>
> Did I set up the initial balance correctly for Stocks (please see
> attached screenshot)? I used the Stock Assistant whose transactional
> currency is in EUR, but the stock quotes are in USD. Does this work?
>

> The reporting of the values in EUR does not seem to be correct. How do I
> set
> up currency correctly? In my setup, is USD or EUR the Security?
>

> Thanks for your help.

Welcome!

Very interesting problem.

Perhaps it is the source you are using for the Quotes that is reporting is
USD??

When I look at my 5.6 Security setup, there is nothing about the stocks
that say that they should be evaluated in USD.  Nor is there anything in
their related account in the investment account.

Can you attempt to use different sources for the Finance::Quote?

Another thought: Do you get the quotes from within GnuCash, or are you
running the quotes manually (as with 'cron')? It may be that you have EUR
set as the system currency in GnuCash, but the quote program isn't aware of
the setting?