On Apr 30, 2024 at 22:59:34 EDT I wrote:

A new module for US traded stocks, StockData.pm, with default method "stockdata". This requires an API token from https://www.stockdata.org/. If passed in as an environment variable, set "STOCKDATA_API_KEY" to your token. Once installed "perldoc Finance::Quote::StockData" will display more information.
Well that sucks. I originally tested this module this past Sunday. And since the US markets are closed weekends, getting data as of COB Friday was okay. Testing this week, I've come to find out that their data is at least one day old! If you query their API anytime during market business hours tomorrow, the data will be as of COB Wednesday 5/1. This is what is returns now (19:30PDT 5/2). Sometime after the markets close the data from StockData.org will then reflect COB today... <sigh>

Their title page does say, "Free Real-time, Intraday, Historical Stock Data API". I have attempted to send email and fill out their online contact form. No response in 2 days so far.

I'm thinking no one wants a data source that while seemingly dependable, is not current data.

Short version, if you've tried the 'stockdata' method and found the data to be wrong, please don't bother opening an issue. It's not F::Q or GnuCash, it's the source data.

Bruce S.