From: Christopher Lam <christopher....@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2024 1:09 AM
To: Paul Kroitor <p...@kroitor.ca>
Cc: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Transaction Report Shortcomings

Hi,

See Sorting/Show Account Description. This is a bug which will be fixed
tomorrow.

https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/stable/

HTH

On Wed, 1 May 2024 at 22:07, Paul Kroitor <p...@kroitor.ca
<mailto:p...@kroitor.ca> > wrote:

Is there a way to get the Transaction Report to show Account Description
rather than Account Name in the group header lines (not the detail lines)?

I have a number of expense accounts that have identical subaccounts, for
example House-1:Property Tax and House-2:Property Tax. In the CoA, the Name
for these sub-accounts is just Prop Tax, but the Description is House-1
Property Tax.

The problem is that Transaction Reports (when set to primary key = Account
Name) become confusing because there become several groups simply titled
Prop Tax with no further distinction. It would be better if it could somehow
more clearly show the account hierarchy - Quicken's Itemized Categories
report is great at this with it's collapsable tree design - but just showing
the full account name would be a good start.

In some reports I can choose to show the Account Description (full name),
but the Transaction Report doesn't seem to have this option.

Or perhaps I should look at approaching this from the other direction and
look for an Income / Expense report showing full detail lines?

Paul