You may want to look at
https://github.com/ka-patel/dl_quotes/tree/main/yfinance which is Python
based...

-----Original Message-----
From: sunfis...@yahoo.com <sunfis...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2024 2:59 AM
To: Leung Wing Cheong <w...@innofusioncapital.com>
Cc: gnucash-user@gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] Importing historical stock prices to GnuCash in Windows

Of course there is. The csv importer can handle any price data, including
historical data, as long as you supply the proper dates along with the other
data elements.

The challenge is gathering that price data in the first place. It used to be
possible to retrieve unlimited price quotes from a number of online sources,
but those days are gone, sadly.

At one point in the past, I used a perl module to retrieve monthly prices for
all my commodities and put them into the GnuCash price history, but the module
depended on Yahoo!, which no longer allows that level of data gathering.

⁣David T.​