Hi,

On Tue, May 14, 2024 3:24 am, Patrick Skelton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I do a *Find* in GnuCash using a handful of criteria, it does what I'd
> expect.
>
> If I then want to modify this existing *Find*, I cannot see how to do
> this.
> If I select the same operation again from the menu while the currently
> active tab contains my current find results, and then I click on either
> 'Refine current search' or 'Add results to current search', the original
> criteria I set are gone, so basically I am just doing a new search and
> have
> to enter all the criteria again.

No, the initial criteria are still there -- just inaccessible.  You're
just appending to them with an additional AND statement (refine) or OR
statement (add results).

> Is there a way to modify the search criteria already used or perhaps even
> save a set of criteria so they can be re-run.

No.

> I realise what I am really wanting here is a custom report but I need it
> contain only records containing a certain string and I can't see how to
> get
> the reporting to do this.

Could you go into more details about what it is, exactly, you're trying to
do?

> Kind wishes - Patrick

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       de...@ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com