On Jan 26, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:

Even a small key, 1024 bits, is probably much more secure than you are.
If your traffic is encrypted with even a 1k key, the likelihood of
someone attacking your traffic cryptanalytically is about zero. They'll
decide to try other means instead.

It's best not to obsess over key size.  Larger is not better, but it's
not as if it hurts you, either.

There are some ancient keys out there which are 512 bits (and I think I've seen smaller). Are these likely still secure enough to use?

--
James P. Howard, II, MPA
j...@jameshoward.us