On Jan 21, 2010, at 6:03 AM, Mohan Radhakrishnan wrote:

Hi,

Question 1 :

Is there any way to store a password in a keyring ? I don't have a database for this. I was just thinking that I can hash a password and use a keyring to store it to avoid the need for a database.

Not within GPG. GPG stores keys within keyrings. Passphrases are stored outside the system (but see the gpg-agent for a local passphrase cache).

Question 2 :

Can I split a private(decrypting) key and rejoin it using GPG ? The split keys are given by two different people and rejoined.

Not using GPG, but there are several tools available for split keys on the net. For example: http://point-at-infinity.org/ssss/

I want to use the bouncy castle GPG API.

That is not GPG. That is a completely different implementation of the OpenPGP standard. You should ask on the Bouncy Castle forums.

David