What you’re missing is WHY you want a later upstream version.   Is there a
specific feature you’re needing that isn’t in the one that comes with your
distro?

You can’t have it both ways:  You want to stay on a stable distro/version which
is the raison d’etre for RHEL/CentOS but want to have the latest package.    As
I noted in my prior post you can get the latest of everything by abandoning
CentOS in favor of Fedora at the expense of stability.    Your choice of distro
is based on many factors.   Some people even build their own packages all from
scratch because they don’t like any of the distros.

Not all packages have people that build rpm’s for them.   Many FOSS projects
seem to prefer building for Debian or something else and MAY package it for
whatever distro they like but some don’t package it for anything and expect you
to do the legwork yourself.

In general if it isn’t in RHEL/CentOS I look for it in the EPEL.  If it isn’t
there I almost always download the source then configure/compile it.   This
isn’t really a difficult process for most packages.

There ARE other locations that MAY provide a package you want.   Have you
looked at rpmfind?  rpmbone?

And of course YOU could create the rpm and share it on EPEL yourself so others
will have it.