On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 10:17, thomas.jaro...@intra2net.com said:

> -> to me it seems gnupg 2.2.6 exits with failure
> once it encounters an unknown public key.
>
> Is this behavior to be expected or considered a regression?

Good question.  I implemented the

> "gpg: Emit FAILURE status lines in almost all cases.  [#3872]"

to help Enigmail but they are also parsed by gpgme in a way that make
gpgme fail.  So yes, this is clearly a regression.  The question is
whetrhe to fix it:

 a) In GPGME
 b) In GnuPG
    - either send FAILURE status lines only in severe situations
      (e.g. bad option argument)
    - or figure out why the NO_PUBKEY also used log_error which causes
      an exit code != 0 and thus the FAILURE status line.

I need to think about - I considere this a severe problem.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #