So I completely preface this question is not a valid use case for gpg.  I know,
I get it.

I have a potential issue that I'm trying to diagnose.  I'm trying to understand
how gpg will react to the input file size changing during the encrypt or
decrypt step.

Right now it appears that the gpg process goes a bit crazy and the 200 MB file
I am decrypting becomes 1.2 TB or greater.

Here is the order of the events

1.       File lands on my system.

2.       PGP decrypt is invoked on the file.

3.       Since the file is not truly done being sent to me, the file grows in
size.

4.       GPG seems to expand the decrypted file many times over.

What I suspect is that instead of erroring out, GPG starts the decrypt process
over and appends the new output to the previous cycle..   I have not tested
this, but will soon.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has seen this happen.

Thanks

Michael