On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 02:03:21PM +0000, mailinglis...@posteo.de wrote:
I´m not that familiar with the TPM in general

Me neither.

is the TPM owner (and SRK) password safe against brute force attacks? Or do you need a complex password for the TPM?

My understanding is that the TPM offers the *possibility* to protect against brute force attacks (through the “dictionary attack lockout reset” mechanism), but I am not sure whether that protection is enabled by default or if the tpm2daemon (the new component within GnuPG in charge of using the TPM) makes use of it.

Until I know more, I use with my TPM stronger PINs than what I normally use with my OpenPGP tokens, just in case. :)

- Damien