On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 14:01, Falko Strenzke said:
> I would like to run my development version of GPG-agent under valgrind. As I
> understand it, for that purpose I have to run it in the foreground, i.e. in
> server mode. However, whenever I launch it as

No, that will not work for you.  I recommend this:

  cd /my/test/directory
  GNUPGHOME=`pwd` gpg-agent --daemon /bin/sh

This way you can easily start gpg-agent via valgrind.  Instead of
running a shell directly you may also use a script instead of /bin/sh:

#!/bin/sh

SSH_AUTH_SOCK=$(gpgconf --list-dirs agent-ssh-socket)
export SSH_AUTH_SOCK
cat >setup-tests.ini <<'EOF'
PS1="$(echo "$PS1" | sed 's,\\\$ $,(GnuPGTest)\\\$ ,')"
export HISTCONTROL=ignoreboth
export HISTFILE=$(pwd)/.bash_history
EOF
exec bash --init-file setup-tests.ini

which gives you a dedicated prompt so that you can easily see that you
are in a test environment.

For logging put "log-file socket://" into common.conf and
run

  watchgnupg --time-only --homedir /my/test/directory

in another terminal.  Add --force to take over the logging socket.
Useful debug options for gpg-agent.conf are "debug ipc".  Use
"gpg-agent --debug help" to get a list of all debug options.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein