On Mon,  8 Apr 2024 21:50, Dan Fandrich said:

> Running "echo SERIALNO | scd/scdaemon --server" is enough.  I've tried both
> pcsc-lite 1.9.9 and 2.0.3 without a difference.  I'm not sure how to drill

By default we are not using PC/SC on Linux but direct access to the
reader via USB.  Now if pcscd is already running and has access to the
reader scdaemon won't be able to access the reader via USB.

2.2 falls back to PC/SC if it can't use the reader via USB.

Either shutdown pcscd or add

disable-ccid-driver

to ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf

More debug output can be logged by adding

debug cardio
debug-ccid-reader

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein