If you read Jason's message a bit more closely he is conveying that the
script's runtime environment has no knowledge of the parameters - not that
they can't be used at all.

They are just tokens that have already been 'realized' or replaced into the
content by the time the script/task runs. So the scripting environment
itself doesn't know that there were parameters used to generate the content
to run/execute and you can't meta-program based on them inside the script's
logic. (unlike environment variables)

I believe this is in reference to the earlier script-based example you gave
which is a little confusing.

Anyway, seems you have a way forward here for your core requirement.