Which GoCD version are you using?

Can you share a screenshot from your task configuration? e.g something like
the below

[image: image.png]

Generally speaking you shouldn't need to do a "cmd /c" yourself, as GoCD
does this implicitly and it's possible doing this might be causing
something to go wrong with the arguments parsing/quoting. Just a guess
though.

Try configuring the task without it, e.g something like the below.

*command:* upgrade-assistant.exe
*arguments:*
upgrade
D:\Upgrade\GOPIPE\WEBAPP\SampleAPI\SampleEfAPI.csproj
--operation
Inplace
--targetFramework
net6.0