Based on the error message it looks like the clone URL you are using is
still an HTTPS one - to use SSH auth, you need to change it to an ssh URL,
e.g g...@github.com:gocd/gocd.git - it's an entirely different git
transport, not just an auth mechanism so the URL needs to change
accordingly :-)

If you're new to using SSH to talk to a git repo manager, you might want to
try doing it separately on the command line with a git clone before getting
it to work with GoCD as adding in the GoCD server and agent adds some extra
complexity.

-Chad