Editing agent attributes via the UI requires wider server administration
permissions. Don't think there is anything finer grained specifically for
agent administration.

Generally speaking, to automate tagging resources and environments to
agents it is done on the agent side configuration itself via "auto
registration":
https://docs.gocd.org/current/advanced_usage/agent_auto_register.html.

You can then subsequently control which jobs are allowed to use which
logical environments and resources (i.e which agents they are able to be
scheduled on) when using pipelines as code on the permissions for a config
repository - but I do not believe that finer grained control is available
if users use the GoCD UI or APIs to edit their pipelines/jobs (i.e they
have direct edit/admin permissions for pipeline groups).

-Chad