Hi Steve

I'm not familiar with use of either of these plugins with GitLab, however
it seems pretty clear that the gocd-build-status-notifier plugin does not
have gitlab support merged so the two plugins don't work together right
now. It seemed to be blocked by this comment here
<https://github.com/gocd-contrib/gocd-build-status-notifier/pull/134#issuecomment-719238599>
which seems unresolved or not responded to.

The logs (if any) will be in plugin-specific logs rather than the main
server logs.

In any case, if you want to give it a go with v1.4.0-RC4 of the PR Builder
plugin, you can try the test build attached here
<https://github.com/gocd-contrib/gocd-build-status-notifier/pull/249#issuecomment-2053578673>.
If it works OK with and without subgroups we can consider merging it. I
have not tested this myself, as I don't have a GitLab setup to test with
(nor time to do so). I'd still be a bit surprised if it works though, as
the Gitlab API interaction hasn't been changed on the notifier for many
years, and I suspect it has evolved....

-Chad