Hi Rene!

Never ever get disheartened by a few of petit minds that do exist not only in
the Goan arena but in human race.  There are a handful of few who work to
destroy the humanity not realizing what harm they are doing.  This is out of
cheer jealousy that brews in the minds of few who cannot do anything better and
cannot see anyone else doing better.  Here in Kuwait I can name the characters
and expose the facts based on the gournd reality.

It is high time that those involved in service to mankind and Goan Community at
large work with courage and determination and march forward.  Such handful
snakes are in every corner of the world not only among the Goans but in the
human race.  Let us be proud of our rich heritage.  In your own words Rene -
Together we can make it Happen
Wilson

To: GOAN-NRI@yahoogroups.co.in; goan-...@yahoogroups.co.incc:
benedictl...@gmail.com; miguelbraga...@yahoo.co.in; col...@bigpond.com;
oscar.furt...@rbc.com; bo...@goanet.org; ole_...@yahoo.co.uk;
cynthia.fernan...@gmail.com; arwinmesqu...@gmail.comfrom:
goan...@yahoo.co.ukdate: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:23:53 +0000Subject: Re: [GOAN-NRI]
WHAT IS IT WITH US GOANS WHY DONT WE WANT TO PROGRESS THROUGH UNITY??

Thank you for your KIND words as usual , your support will help us GOANS  to
WALK the TALK.Some of us .. as usual always try and destroy ...rather than
helpus build our Goan commUNITY.I am what I am becuase some of our learned GOAN
friends  say so ! God bless you and Goans everywhere. rene

From: Oscar Lobo <oscarlo...@optusnet.com.au>To: goan-...@yahoogroups.co.incc:
Benedict Lobo <benedictl...@gmail.com>; Miguel Braganza
<miguelbraga...@yahoo.co.in>; Tony <col...@bigpond.com>; Oscar Furtado
<oscar.furt...@rbc.com>; bo...@goanet.org; ole_...@yahoo.co.uk; Cynthia
Fernandes <cynthia.fernan...@gmail.com>; Arwin Mesquita
<arwinmesqu...@gmail.com>; goan...@yahoo.co.uksent: Monday, January 26, 2009
2:47:29 PMSubject: [GOAN-NRI] WHAT IS IT WITH US GOANS WHY DONT WE WANT TO
PROGRESS THROUGH UNITY??

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys and Girls

Time and again we hear Rene Barretto echoing/crying in wilderness about Goan
Unity at each and every occasion and many of us in Goan Diaspora neglect his
call
for reasons unknown. A case in question is Rene's recent e-mail in which he
pleads for unity and he has asked some leaders to respond his e-mail of 21
January 2009 for example where he poses an open question " We are often told
that Goans in Canada are not inclined  to work TOGETHER (Lack unity ) ? why is
it so? ".  I understand Rene has not received any response to this! In
Melbourne Goan associations are also split with humongous differences of
opinion. What is it with us Goans ? Do we think leadership comes from superior
caste or education?  I am told that it does not spring from either of those but
through mindset. So basically something is wrong with
our mindset.

Are we all taking Rene bab for granted?  Don't we have any regard for what he
and those associated with him have done so far? Rene has worked hard and
continues
to work hard with a group of his close mates.  Why can't the rest of the Goans
join in the bandwagon of Unity?

Why is it that we Goans cannot work in unity? Seriously, apart from those
chamai excuses why are some of us the way we are?  I have seen some
Goan motto that read "Unity is strength" whereas the same folks have double
standards.  They refuse a valued event like World Goa Day on grounds
of "why promote Konkani in overseas countries".

A Goan is not a Goan if he/she cannot speak Konkani.  How many of us can speak
Konkani and why do we call ourselves Goans. The Goans in Goa are doing
a lot for Goa, whereas the Goans in Diaspora are lingering their real support
for Goa and all things Goans.  We all need to find a joint way of helping Goa
and our
identity which is at crises at the moment. Let us all put a stop to what is
happening in Goa.  Arwin Mesquita's e-mails show the pathetic stituation in
Goa.

The introduction World Goa Day by Rene Barretto throughout the world was
supposed to be an event to bring all Goans together not only for a day but
begin it
with that day.  Why is it that many of us have that narrow mind and we love to
work in vacuum?

Goa needs our calibre, experience, education and all the support we can, how
about we all work together as there is no other way then working together
that we can achieve. If our generation does not pull up our socks and help, our
children and grand children will loose what we and our parents have cherished
of our lovely Goa.

The much desired Goan unity is required urgently to fight out the evil forces
against us.  Goans in Goa cannot do it alone, they need our help in the Goan
Diaspora.

Regards

OSCAR

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/photos.aspx