To: GOAN-NRI@yahoogroups.co.in
CC: gtedi...@gmail.com; edi...@herald-goa.com
From: joego...@yahoo.co.uk
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:36:15 +0000
Subject: [GOAN-NRI] Who is the liar, the journalist or the minister?

http://www.topnews.in/files/Mickky-Pacheco3.jpg

Who is the liar, the journalist or the minister?

On 7th March 2010, after ZP elections, a Photo-journalist alleged that
Minister Mickky  Pacheco had manhandled him by catching hold of his shirt
and asking him why he took his  photo  at the Nehru Stadium, Fatorda where
all sealed ballot boxes are received for safe keep until 9th March (the
counting day).
He also caught hold of his camera and ordered to delete the photo that was
taken from a distant.
Minster also asked the journalist if he had taken any permission (from him) to
take the photo.
Minister Pacheco left the journalist only after the intervention of the other
newsmen
gathered there.

The journalist filed a case and the Margao police registered a non-cognizable
case against the Minister Mikkey Pacheco

Minister Pacheco denied manhandling of the photo journalist.

So, who is lying here? The Photo Journalist or the Minister Mikky?

It may be reminded that it was the same Ministers who was once accused of
slapping
a Jr. Engineer from Electricity Dept. What ever happens to the case, only god
knows.

Again, in a related incident, during Colva Mob attacking the CD producer's
house,
it was reported that one or two  media men were manhandled there too
.
Now, I have some questions that need answers..
- Do we need to take permission of a public figure such as ministers when they
are
at public places like Nehru Stadium (not being with family, mistresses etc)?
- Are there any different rules for newsmen and other amateur / freelance
photographers when it comes to photographing ministers etc?

Any one?

Thanks for your help.

NB. We would also like to know what action did the GUJ has taken on this
assault case?
Or pending investigation, whether GUJ can boycott the minister’s official
coverage.

joego...@yahoo.co.uk

for Goa & NRI related info...