Dear Lino, Thanks very much for your feedback! My goal was to be
deliberately provocative (though I won't claim the error/s were
intentional or due to anything other than ignorance!). I don't see why
Konkani shouldn't be have more translations. The Threepenny Opera
would any day catch my attention faster than Die Dreigroschenoper.

Of course, I totally agree that Konkani needs (and deserves) better
translators. Not the FNs. At best, we could play the role of agent
provocateurs. But that could serve too! FN

PS: I think the promoters of Konkani has tended to be too purist. It
could now probably gain from adopting the approach of a language like
English, and be more opportunistic, licentious and promiscuous in
deciding how it promotes itself, and with whose help!

PPS: I attempted due diligence, but of no avail. Teag wasn't listed in
the Dacho Furtado dictionary that AES has reprinted (Romi script). Of
course, this is no valid excuse...

Frederick Noronha :: +91-9822122436 :: +91-832-2409490